Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The C.A.T.S. Resale Shop, Westwood, NJ...Shopping for a Good Cause


When it comes to my charitable dollars, my wallet is open both to the national organizations like PETA and the Humane Society of the United States, and local animal rescue groups. One of my favorites is C.A.T.S. (Caring About the Strays). Located in Westwood, NJ, C.A.T.S. are the guardian angels to homeless animals in the Pascack Valley area. The group runs a resale shop also called C.A.T.S., where I've found everything from $3 GAP jeans and $4 Free People tops, to artwork, books, candles and more. I donate items frequently as well, including my now unwanted leather boots and wool sweaters. While I cannot turn back the clock and un-do my purchases of these products, I feel glad knowing they will be reused and are raising money for a cause I strongly support.

I love thrift store shopping. It's frugal, an adventure (since you'll never know what you'll stumble upon), and supports my ideals as an environmentalist (I'm reusing, and everything doesn't need to be brand new, does it?) And the best yet, it helps pay for food, veterinary care, and more. Cats roam freely in the store, where you can socialize with beauties like Charlie (pictured above), one of the store's gentlemanly senior citizen residents.

Visit them at: 80 Kinderkamack Road, Westwood, NJ 07675

No comments: