Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pizza Fusion: Take 2

I recently hit Pizza Fusion in Ridgewood for a second time. I spoke with the manager and he said more vegans have been coming in. Yeah!

A large pie...soy cheese, tomato sauce, artichokes and crimini mushrooms on a multi-grain crust. This was $20, a bit over-priced. I liked it, but my mom...not such a fan, even though her palate is very used to vegan food. We both prefer pizza from Brooklyn's Brick Oven Pizzeria, with locations in Ridgewood and Hackensack. They'll do half-half pies (half cheese, half without), just be forewarned: it's cash only.


They had the vegan brownie this time. Hooray! This was the saving grace of the meal. More reasonably priced at $4, and didn't taste "vegan" at all.


Luckily, my workplace recently brought back the biggest moral booster since bagel Fridays...pizza Wednesday luncheons. Food tastes so much more delicious when it's free, don't you find?


Otherwise, I'm sticking to my roasted veggie pizza from Trader Joe's. At $4.69, hard to get a better deal.

1 comment:

AJ said...

lol A+ on the free pizza!!