Monday, December 8, 2008

A bit of Paris at Metro Marche

I am a true Frenchie at heart. I adore learning the language, enjoying the music and films, and the savoring of simple, rustic cuisine at little bistros and brasseries. Fortunately, NYC is filled with dining opportunities for those who can't make it to Paris. While I no longer work near Le Grainne Cafe, where I often lingered over a satisfying lunch of ratatouille, soup and salad, I recently got my French food fix at Metro Marche. Who knew a cute little brasserie was tucked away inside Port Authority of all places?

My favorite cocktail, a kir royale. Champagne with creme de cassis, a blackcurrant-flavored liqueur.

Tahini hummus with grilled pita. Who needs cheese? I could live on hummus alone.

Organic mesclun greens with oven roasted tomatoes and a balsamic vinaigrette. So simple, but so good.

Raspberry sorbet. A sweet ending to any meal.

Visit Metro March at Times Square, Port Authority, 625 Eigth Ave. at 41st St., New York, NY. Update: this charming establishment is now closed.
Visit Le Grainne Cafe at 183 Ninth Ave., New York, NY

After dinner, I went home and threw on some music from my favorite French chanteuse, Vanessa Paradis.

St Germain.

No comments: