Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Like Lucy's, I Love Outdoor Dining

Perhaps because I'm an apartment dweller with no balcony, and reside in a cramped cubicle for eight hours five days a week that I love al fresco dining so much. Even without those elements, I'd adore it period.

A park bench, a picnic blanket, on my family's patio furniture on the porch, a side walk cafe - all favorites for a meal under the sun or the stars.

Escaping my cubicle temporarily, I paid a first time visit to festive Lucy's Cantina Royale, with its cheerful outdoor seating area. Dining here, my two co-workers and I declared we felt like we were on vacation!

The view: New York City's Madison Square Garden.


A virgin guava margarita, $4. So refreshing on a hot June day.

I love guacamole. I don't love how expensive guacamole seems to be everywhere (especially in Manhattan). Here it was $9. I split the cost of this three ways though.

A vegetarian burrito, filled with Spanish rice, beans, corn, tomato, cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a pinch of happiness, $10. Hold the sour cream and cheese. Note the Lucy's logo stamped on their tortilla.

Good thing I brought a reusable container - I ate half and had the leftovers for lunch the next day.

No comments: