Thursday, December 3, 2009

A "Cuppa", Some Soup, and Good Friendship

Yes, I'm still celebrating my birthday. Since I do a "no gift" pact with my friends (I can't recommend this enough), we treat ourselves to a dinner out instead. I treated my friend, who is one of the few people who I know as obsessed with food as I am, to Salsa y Salsa. For my turn, we agreed on one of our favorites: Tea and Sympathy.

Tea out of a paper cup with a plastic lid? Unthinkable. A pot of blackberry tea, $4.50.

I can make an entire meal out of soup and rolls. The daily dairy-free, vegetarian variety: carrot, turnip and parsnip, $6.95. A good soup nourishes the body and the soul.

A side of nutritious peas, $2.


No vegan desserts are on the menu (veganize Victoria Sponge cake and Sticky Toffee Pudding at home). No problem, just have an extra "cuppa." Enjoy the conversation, and appreciate the friends in your life. I do. Friends are about quality, not quantity. Thank you for my dinner and your dear friendship, friend!

Pop by the shop next store, Carry on Tea and Sympathy, for a browse at their charming tea cups.



Hit your local thrift store for steals on tea cups and teapots, as evidenced in the The Thrifty Chicks' dazzling photo album of the treasures to be found at thrift shops. Shock the Mrs. Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) in your life when she pays you a compliment and tell her it's from the charity shop.

Visit Tea & Sympathy, 108 Greenwich Avenue, New York City.

No comments: