Monday, May 3, 2010

Margaritas and May Happenings

Weekend goal: have a margarita. Friday night: mission accomplished!

My sweetheart's Corona, $5, and my raspberry margarita, $7.


We (and half of Bergen County) thought it would be splendid idea to dine at Pancho's Burritos in New Milford, which is now twice the size of its original location after taking over the hairdresser next store.



After a wait at the bar, we scored a coveted outdoor table. I feasted on a cup of black bean soup to start, and a mini-vegetarian burrito filled with veggies, pinto beans, Spanish rice and soy cheese, with a side salad.

Unexpectedly, I dined al fresco again Saturday evening with my parents. With a bottle of wine in hand, we ate at the cheerful Garden Cafe in New Milford. Frank Sinatra music was piped into the background.

I took this photo Easter weekend when my boyfriend and I finished dining at Jersey Boys Grill next door, and resolved to come back here.

I had a wrap: a spinach tortilla filled with grilled portobello mushrooms, zucchini and roasted red peppers (hold the mozzarela cheese), served with homemade chips, $7.25. Gardenburgers are usually available, but they were out that night.



Disappointingly, they don't have soy milk for their coffee drinks.

I may have to go back for their Thursday all-you-can-eat pasta night, $9.95, which comes with salad and dinner rolls. I like patronizing these local, community-minded restaurants. Extra points for BYOB status and outdoor seating.

May goals:

Have spanikopita at the St. Athanasios Greek Orthodox Church's annual Greek Festival, May 13,14,15, and 16, in Paramus, NJ. More info. Find a Greek Festival near you.

Participate in another Hackensack Riverkeeper Clean-up. Check out the full list. Done it! More about that later.

Attend Pinkster Fest: A Colonial Celebration of Spring. This Bergen County Historical Society event takes place Sunday, May 23, at Historic New Bridge Landing in River Edge. $7 adult, $5 children, BCHS members free. Check out all their events.

No comments: