Saturday, January 23, 2010

Eating for Two Great Causes

Eating and charity. Separately, two of my favorite things. Combined, a heavenly marriage.

On February 1st and 2nd, dine out at your local Bergen County Blue Moon Mexican Café, and 20% of your bill will be donated to Hackensack Riverkeeper with this coupon. Learn more. Dine on guacamole, vegetarian chili, veggie fajitas, margaritas and more. (Note: Old Tappan location is closed)



Their 2010 Eco-Program calendar is coming soon, with opportunities for bird walks, eco-cruises, and my favorite, river cleanups, which kick off usually in April. I've done multiple clean-ups with this group, one of which brought me to tears after leaving. I was so disillusioned at how so many are trashing the planet. I hope to see you at a clean-up if you are local this year, and will be blogging about the clean-ups and how to reduce your impact. If you are not - trash is sadly everywhere, and you can pick it up with a group or just on your own.

On a sweeter note, treat your sweetheart, your loved ones or even yourself to this Sjaak's Organic Chocolates to benefit Farm Sanctuary, $14.


Why do I love and support Farm Sanctuary? Because thanks to them, abused farm animals find safety and love at their New York and California shelters, cruel confinements systems like battery cages and gestation crates of sows are being phased out in many states, and so many are learning about the benefits of embracing a veg lifestyle. Need I say more?

No comments: